stylograph [stī′ləgraf΄, stī′ləgräf΄]
a fountain pen having a pierced conical point, rather than a nib, through which the ink flows

English World dictionary. . 2014.

Игры ⚽ Поможем написать курсовую

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Stylograph — Sty lo*graph, n. A stylographic pen. [1913 Webster] …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • Stylograph — (griech.), soviel wie Füllfeder …   Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon

  • stylograph — /stuy leuh graf , grahf /, n. a fountain pen in which the writing point is a fine, hollow tube instead of a nib. Also called stylographic pen. [1865 70; STYLO 1 + GRAPH] * * * …   Universalium

  • stylograph — noun A fountain pen that has a thin hollow tube or needle instead of a nib. See Also: stylography …   Wiktionary

  • stylograph — noun a kind of fountain pen having a fine perforated tube instead of a split nib. Derivatives stylographic adjective Origin C19: from stylus + graph …   English new terms dictionary

  • stylograph — sty·lo·graph …   English syllables

  • stylograph — /ˈstaɪləgræf/ (say stuyluhgraf), / graf/ (say grahf) noun a fountain pen in which the writing point is a hollow tube instead of a nib, inside of which is a plunger which releases ink under pressure …  

  • stylograph —   n. fountain pen with needle like point.    ♦ stylography, n.writing with a style on wax tablet, etc.    ♦ stylographic, a …   Dictionary of difficult words

  • stylograph — n. a kind of fountain pen having a point instead of a split nib. Derivatives: stylographic adj. Etymology: STYLUS + GRAPH …   Useful english dictionary

  • stylographe — [ stilɔgraf ] n. m. • 1902; angl. stylograph (1882); du lat. stylus, pour stilus « poinçon à écrire », et graphe ♦ Vx Porte plume à réservoir d encre. ⇒ stylo. ● stylographe nom masculin Synonyme ancien de stylo. ● stylographe (synonymes) nom… …   Encyclopédie Universelle

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”